Apparently the cat needed a birthday. She titled him ‘biscuit birthday boy’ all day. So we made brownies. She ate it warm from the oven. Then put on a ‘dress’ and we had a candle and singing (yup – she made me sing to the cat) Then she ate his piece as well.
- 150g Butter,
- 150g Dark choc (either ground in the thermix or blender or melted) You could also chop finely by hand
- 100g of sugar (this was 150g but I think 100g is plenty sweet for us)
- 80g Flour (I use organic stoneground white but whatever works for you)
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of home made yoghurt (or about 60g of milk) Our homemade is a slightly sweetened Greek yoghurt.
- 1 tablespoon of coco powder
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder (or use self raising flour instead)
- Dash of vanilla essence
I mix everything but the flour together, beat well, then add the flour – mix gently then pour into brownie tin and bake at 180 for 30-35 mins for a slightly cakey brownie or 160-170 for 45 mins for a more gooey brownie.